9/14/2013

Mid-Night, a Counter-intuitive Time for Productivity

I can proudly say, that I fall asleep at fairly regular hours now. And I wake up early.
Now that the work-week is over, I am able to experiment with 2 sleeps per night.

That's when you wake up in the middle and have 2 sleeps per night.

It's a counter-intuitive time for productivity, a fun time to do stuff,
And a great time for writing, reading, journalizing.

Hyperbolic Reflection 
I. Journalizing is internalizing. Reflect.
"Journal-ing" about your day/week/month/year, and "realizing" things in reflection of that Time period, are the two components to "journalizing."That's an effective practice that I encourage everyone to have: Keep a Journal! Do the "write" thing by journalizing.

II. Mid-night also feels like a good time to write creatively, I'm definitely working on making this (Fre)eBook happen. "Astro-Logic: An exploration of Astronomy and Religion" yeah? Always making rhymes regardless.  I think my SoundCloud subscribers deserve a few new recordings too.


New book of rhymes, available in FREE (for all),
1.20 (for all)  or 3.60 for 18+ — Starting 9/27.

III. Then there's reading, which I'm just ready to do right now, after I journalize some more. Excited to spend time with this new book that I got from Baylor's stepdad Bruce. For any book, at least a few people thought it was good enough to be published, so maybe there's value in each book.

IV. The mid-night and early morning hours feel like a fun time to do stuff. Get stuff done. Pay bills. Wash dishes. I could do anything right now. hehe.


The point remains, it's a very counter-intuitive time for productivity. I can imagine weird/new ideas happening at this time.
I'm going to continue reading for now, before going back to sleep. This is a fun practice, but I can perceive one downside/counterpoint:

Might be just waking up and staying up! That's why I'm getting off the computer after this.


No more of this.
Also, if you want to try 2 sleeps per night, you can't start the first sleep later than 10pm. Someone who wants to practice 2 sleeps per night would have to sleep earlier, like around 7-8pm, 9-10pm latest, when the sun goes down. That takes you through at LEAST 1 R.E.M. cycle and makes it easier to wake up around 12-3am, for a Mid-night romp. It's an experience. I'm feeling a different calmness and clearness of mind in the quietude of these hours. I just wrote a 4-point-counterpoint/7 paragraph essay.


The first sleep gives a mental recharge.
Mid-night a very interesting time to do things.
There's a different feel to early morning.

Though I attempt my best to be highly effective, I'm not the most efficient person, in fact, I sometimes take forever to do things. In the end, I'm finding this hour to be more productive than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment