4/18/2013

Dwayne Johnson/The Rock is still a Champ!

IF YA SMELLLLLLALALALAOWWW~

WHAT THE ROCK

IS COOKIN'


BOOM! It hit me like a People's elbow: The realization that THE ROCK was one of my first Southeast Asian-Pacific Islander HEROS!!!

I wouldn't t say I have too many heros, but I can't help it.
I like to see minorities repping hard... ESPECIALLY marginalized groups.
And The Rock counts as a Black/Asian/Pacific Islander dude, definitely marginalized!

Dwayne Johnson's been at it since the 90s. Remember the WWF ATTITUDE era???
Before the World Wildlife Foundation got on Vince McMahon's case... changing WWF to WWE?
It was the era of Rock and Mankind, Rock and Sock Connection! The Rock Says... Know Your Role! What's your name? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS. The People's Eyebrow???


When I watched wrestling back in 5th-6th-7th grade ('98-2001 era), I knew it was scripted, but what interested me was when I learned there were HEELS (bad guys) and FACES (good guys). And a crowd-favorite "good guy" can sometimes make a "heel turn" and become a bad guy, or a bad guy can make a "face turn" and become a good guy!

I actually played that as a social experiment in 7th-8th grade, much to my friends' annoyance. Sorry for my "heel turn" in 7th grade guys. I was an angry kid rebelling. Fuck it though, I made an effort to "face turn" in 8th grade, so that's how I ended up President of the school. Haha.

So, the point of this post... I just saw THE ROCK again, on the big screen. While watching the previews for Scary Movie V (an awesomely bad movie, I highly recommend). He's in that movie Pain and Gain, with Markey Mark the rapper. The Rock's still in wrestling shape!

X-Pac falls to the PEOPLE'S ELBOW!

Good for him!
Samoan genes are BIG.

It didn't take much research to find his philanthropic charities! Check out Dwayne Johnson's Charity work, events, and causes! He's not just a good guy entertainer, but he's given back in a big way.

You gotta love THE ROCK man... he's the People's Champ!



Here's one of my favorite moments, when he fought Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine on Star Trek Voyager.... Combine my love for Star Trek with Sports Entertainment... game over!




No comments:

Post a Comment