1/14/2013

Even Jesus Never Saw His Real Father

Been thinking about Christmas. It's kinda funny...

On your birthday, you get presents, right?
On Jesus' birthday, everyone gets presents!

Haha, but check this out:

"Even Jesus never saw his real Father /
It don't bother me at all though.
Said it don't bother me at all.
Got me thinking bout my Mom though."

That's a little snippet from a good song by J. Cole, called "2 face," talking about how there's always at least 2 sides to everything.

If there's light on one side of the Earth, best believe the other side is shrouded in darkness.
Same with everything. Same with the Moon. It's Yin and Yang, mang.

UNLESS you're the Sun itself, then you just shine light and warmth out to everything in range.
My goal's to be like God's Sun, and just share my light with the people on Earth. That means my rhymes, my thoughts, my advice, my blogs, my videos, my dance lessons, etc. And I do it for anyone who feels like they're in the darkness, or are coming out of the darkness.

Alternately, if certain situation looks bad, you better believe there's a brighter side to it!
For example, I'm not the only one who knows what it's like to grow up without a father around. Granted my Dad was there for the first 12 years of my life, but he's been gone for the last 12, and it's not likely that he'll be coming back (though I put faith on that thought for a few years).

I really think my Father worked hard, toiled, and sacrificed his life so that I could live a better one. For that, I'm eternally grateful for him.

It wasn't an easy situation for me, and it's still not, but I learned from it! With relatively little male guidance from age 12 til now, I had to figure things out for myself, and that's been one of the biggest blessings of my life. It has given me the chance to decide where I want to go, instead of having someone else dictate it for me.

I remember one guy said "Don't do everything for your kids, and rob them the opportunity of doing something for themselves." Good quote!

Now obviously I'm not qualified to give parenting advice, but from the KID's perspective, learning to do shit for myself, and solving problems for myself, figuring out relationships for myself, was GOOD. Did I make mistakes? Yes! Was it hard? Yes! Did I get hurt a few times? Yes! ....but it was worth it!

Fuck being spoon-fed, you can feed yourself if you're not a baby anymore.


This looks like a westernized Jesus flashing gang signs!

So yeah, even Jesus never saw his real Father, but that didn't stop him from living a significant life and impacting a lot of people. Even after his death, his legacy carried on. From a non-Christian, areligious standpoint, I think Jesus is not a bad person to model your life after.

No comments:

Post a Comment