1/30/2013

Fuckin Upward (pt. 2)

This isn't a pity party. 

It's one thing to fuck up, and stay down.
It's another to fuck up, then MOVE UP!
It's all about FALLING FORWARD.
Then doing a roll, conserving momentum, 
And getting back onto your feet.

I'm not blogging to say I'm a fuck-up, but I want to acknowledge that it's OKAY to fuck-up.
And since I wrapped up my last post rather quickly, I want to fill in what I had left unsaid.

It's OKAY!
When a fuck-up is made, it's in the past.
LEAVE IT THERE! Don't let it fuck up anything else!
One can dwell on it, or acknowledge the accident and move on from there.

I practice the 2nd strategy. The "Acknowledge and Move On" method.
Find the best practical action, that will lead to a desired solution, and then act on it.
That's how I deal with break-ups, injuries, mistakes, getting lost, etc.

So don't just fuck up, but fuck UPWARD. In an upward direction.

For example. 
I tried to get with this one girl, Pearl, back in college. She was pretty cute!
She didn't go for me, and I was bummed about it. 
Cuz she was smart too. And from norcal. Major bummer.
I was SO bummed that I almost didn't go to an open mic where I was planning to perform. 
INSTEAD, I went to the open mic anyway....fuckyeah! 
And this was back when I was new to open mics.
So I did my thing, performed on a broken heart, and afterward felt MUCH BETTER.

I even wrote my popular piece "What Is Love" the following week, as a result of that break-up.
(People have told me they like that one)

Then after that, I courted the best girlfriend I've ever had in my life!

So even when things don't work out well, you can flip it into something better!

As the saying goes:
"It's not what happens to you that matters, it's what you do about what happens."

Complaining is not a good solution to your problems.
Neither is blaming others for your mistakes.
Understand that other people will make mistakes too.
It doesn't help to criticize or complain, it's better to encourage/advise!

So don't fuck up, fuck upward!

(It's the same cat)

Another example.
Despite my thumb getting injured back in December, my energies turned toward writing, rhyming, blogging, and business have given me great advantages, including new job opportunities, new networking options, and new time freedom to set up meetings and learn!

I am blessed beyond belief to be able to enjoy the next few months in California, before moving to Louisiana, without working >10-hr days. The perspective and the set of the sail is up to the captain. 

Problems only make room for miracles to happen.

Finally, although I'm not the craziest illest bboy on the West Coast, and although I've probably lost more battles than I've won, bboying has given me countless blessings, opportunities, and experiences, and it has introduced me to great people. Dancing has helped me believe in myself
 and get rid of social anxiety at party/social events... it even helps for working with students!

I got my foot into the door of education, and it IS the good foot, so it's starting to boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment