1/04/2013

Every moment of weakness is also a test of strength

The title of this post is something I realized yesterday, at a local Open Mic.
I got irked! I got bumped!
And almost did something regrettable (in the form of online retaliation).

But thankfully, I did not!
Instead, I'm turning it into a story/thoughtspit about the lesson I learned from my moment of weakness.

And since some people seem to think that I'm happy all the time, or I got it made or something, this is just a reminder that I sometimes feel down about myself too. But it's a good thing I avoided retaliating against a group of honest, hardworking volunteer organizers. I was foolish to even consider the thought.

But hey, this is what a look like when I talk:


Just let that play.
Part 2 can be watched here.

So at the moment, I'm currently dealing with a few inconveniences, primarily my thumb being injured, leaving me still unable to get down and break, and unable to give a proper right-handed high-5.

Since a lot of people know me as "the dancing guy," you can imagine the difficulty I now have, not being able to dance. It's just another test. For me, it means I have to start doing more of what I'm less comfortable doing. Things like blogging, rapping, studying high-level math, and making the video above.

Because SOME people were put-off by my picture of Sharon Tay in the previous post,
I figure this awkwardly proportioned, water-balloon-looking man
would even things out (while staying in line with the "test of strength" theme)

Blogging's not easy, neither is rapping, neither is performing in front of audiences, and I can't say I'm the best, but I can definitely say I'm getting better. Compare my raps now to the ones a year ago. Deliberate practice yields improvement!

Anyhow,
Peace INSIDE, to all the spiritual warriors,
Who see life beyond its physical borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment