1/01/2013

I'm just an Asian, rhyme-spraying from the Southeast...

I find that there's still a very poor representation of Asians in the media.
They're usually either nerds or fobs. Unless it's an Asian female newscaster.
Sharon Tay, Susie Suh, Veronica de la Cruz, Tricia Takanawa... holla!

Sharon Tay... KCAL 9.

And in the rap world, we got Tai Mai Shu... Got Rice Bitch... You Want Beef... that cKY rap guy who's not even Asian... and Jin. Not too much going on lately. There are lot in the underground, but they don't seem to get much support.

Probably the top I've seen are Geo (Blue Scholars), Bambu, Kero One, and Denizen Kane (Typical Cats). Lyrics Born and Mike Shinoda are half-Asian.
Timothy de la Ghetto's youtube channel is cool too.

So if I'm gonna put myself out there and be rapping and rhyming, I might as well do the best I can to bring quality lyrics that enhance the lives of my listeners... meanwhile representing myself, where I'm from, and what I stand for.

So here's a fun one, one of my recent favorites!
on that DOOM beat!



I'm just an Asian, rhyme-spraying from the Southeast...
Lyrically I'm loaded, shootin' rhymes from out my mouthpiece.
Challenge me, or don't doubt me. Soy sauce, Laughing Cow cheese.
Sensitive kids get pissed, they screaming ouchies.

Tom T. I'm proudly from the O.C. living loudly.
You can out-complain, but you can't out-style me.
Fountain V, Orange County, sometimes known to get rowdy.
Grab the paper towels, I guarantee ya it going Downey/Bounty?

That's only 8 bars, got another 8 coming,
And I'm almost outta weed, got another 8th coming.
When Tom T's unleashed, there's nobody safe from him.
This for those who be sleep, those who need awakening.

- I'm "way cunning" - Stay punning.
Now I Take Care my shit, used to be straight bumming!
Guys like Einstein wouldn't settle for the Sideline.
Used to be blind, now Life is Good with the divine shine.

Fly rhymes for ya mind one time.
Original design. It's what you need to know!

~~~

Referenced 3 recently released albums there... did you catch it?
My word tricks are like Pokemon... you gotta catch em all AHAHAshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment