12/20/2012

Viciously, I Make History Instantly


GURU Rest in Peace!
He's Above the Clouds.

From my perspective, I will address hip hop figures as historical figures. 
These artists, educators, revolutionaries, and entrepreneurs have made an impact on the world. 
Economically and Socially.
Often, they are not given the credit they deserve. 
The world hasn't fully realized it yet, but the history they've made is profound.
Society tends to downplay the accomplishments of certain groups. 
More on that later.

Hip Hop is still a young culture,
But it has produced some historical figures in the past 50 years.
I will explain that further in future updates also.

This is one of many Gangstarr songs that changed my life. 2007-2009.
"Work" - off the Moment of Truth album:




Albums are meant to be played as a whole, not as single songs.
You wouldn't read just a chapter from a book. 
Read the whole book.
That's how quality albums are designed.

With single lines enough to blow minds.

If you put in work, you can watch your status escalate.
"I'm doing my thing now to lamp later on."

Great words from the G.U.R.U.
Moment of Truth album....peep the title track.

Other G.U.R.U. lines that stuck with me:
"It's often easier for one to give advice,
Than it is for person to run one's own life."

"I can visit any city, get respect in the streets /
While you alone in your room, shook to death of the streets."

Keith Elam aka GURU - Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal.



I will end with the legend bringing realness to the studio, in Europe.



No comments:

Post a Comment