1/01/2013

Expect new ideas with the Changing of the Age...



Normally, I contextualize other people's work, but I figure I'd start the year by sharing my latest Original Composition.

It's 16 bars * 3, so 48 lines total. But even just 1 line is pretty loaded. 
On that Nas beat!

Stream it here!


If people don't realize that it's high quality work yet...
Maybe they'll just have to wait til I die, like Vincent Van Gogh.
Or a large number of other authors/artists...

Either way, I think it's really good! Just speaking my truth.
I've been writing poems for 8 years, and stopped being wack after about 3-4. I don't plan to stop.
I don't know anyone else in the area writing this much, but I would like to meet them.

Here it is, pasted straight from my notes:


Verse 1:
Being a bboy, I think it's funny how they dance at raves.
Paying for their ticket with the money from financial aid.
Rolling on their pills to enjoy the way they feel.
But that sense of security is like a toy, it's never real.

Either in the bleachers, or near the speakers, bang their head hard.
Mellowed out like thugs entranced with nugs they got through med card.
Not calling no one out, but I'm speaking in general.
The signs are pretty obvious but the message is subliminal.

They trynna dumb us down, and turn us into criminals.
Stories on the news to keep us angry, scared, and cynical.
I serve through my words, where my mission can be found.
Trynna stay the path with addiction all around.

Can't stand the pain? Stop choking on your Vicodin.
Breathe in the trees if you need it to get hype again.
We all have fears but persevere here in spite of 'em.
Move beyond the darkness and radiate the light within.

That's enlightening.


Verse 2:
It's the first full moon of the newest baktun.
Is it all gonna end? I guess we'll find out soon.
If you can't catch the wave, at least vibe with the tune.
Be aware of the moment, conscious what your mind is doing.

Expect new ideas with the Changing of the Age.
God gives life in a Manger not a Cage.
The more they try to program, the stranger we behave.
Nowadays, many rave, or stay in chains, still a slave.

Economic bondage, wrecked by the dishonest.
If IMF control the price, you can expect another shortage.
Sick of all the garbage, brains get polluted,
Then the rains get polluted, we get sick from all the garbage.

When tyranny rains, You know the people poor.
In the media every Time; Watch as Egos Soar.
What to do, it's like a zoo, slim chances of achieving more.
Atrophying captivity leaves American Eagle's sore.


Verse 3:



Age of the Pisces, replaced by Aquarious.
Nothing can compare to what the feeling of awareness is.
I really stopped stressing bout religious opression.
The way you live your life is now your biggest expression.

Time for manifesting. Time to stop the guessing.
It's time to listen up, and it's time to take a lesson.
It's time to get together, and it's time for some progression.
Media lie all the time, so it's time to ask some questions.

Yeah, it's kinda weird depicting Jesus as white,
Cuz in truth his Middle Eastern, Israelite.
But God "Is Real Light" and exists in all things.
And his name, abused in vain, has led to fallen kings.

So What are you pursuing? Your dreams or your runes / ruins.
Life is like a classroom and you'll always be a student.
Know when to look within, and to power down your cell phone.
Take control of your life, knowing that your life is self-owned.

~~~

My blog is the only source to get my original lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment