9/01/2014

Photo Journal: Home-made Fish Tacos!

I'll probably never publish a cookbook in my lifetime. But if I were to, it might look like this:

I cooked up some fish (which is normal) then turned them into fish tacos (which is new, for me). I'll show you how. It's Eeasy!


Ingredients:
-Cooking oil (I used olive)
-Pre-chopped onions
-Pre-minced garlic
-Spinach leaves
-Red/Black pepper
-Garlic Salt
-Any other seasonings you want (I used Tony Chachare's and cayenne pepper)
-Any fish you want (I used tilapia)

-1 egg (optional)
-Tortillas
-Leftover rice

Mostly basic stuff. I don't have tomato, but that could work too.
So let's get started!!


Step 1. Pour oil radially in a golden ratio shape to ensure best distribution on the frying pan.


2. Throw some pre-chopped onions on there.
Tip: I chop up 1-2 onions at some time in the past I don't even remember,
then keep them ziplocked in my fridge for easy access.

3. Add pre-minced garlic and some salt and pepper.

4. Lay some spinach leaves on top.

5. Then put the fish on top of the bed of spinach, and season the fish!
I put cayenne and Tony Chachare's, and the garlic salt and red/black pepper.
Let the fish cook for however long feels right.

6. Flip the fish when it's ready. This was 2/3rds the way through my flips.
I regret not taking the picture of all the fish post-seasoned but pre-flipped. It was a delicious sight.

7. Once the fish are flipped, let the other side cook.
 Starting to look good!

8. Meanwhile, season the white side.
I also split each of the 3 fish into 6 half-fishes. Better sized for tacos.

9. Flip them again and now it's beautifully seared.

Fish cooked! That's it. Move them elsewhere.

Then....

Split an egg up.

Throw some leftover rice on it.

I noticed the rice was starting to dry, so I added water. 
I season the rice with Tony Chachare's too.

Heat up the tortillas!

Find some leftover sauces.

Fish.

Served!

Don't forget to have a drink. Stay hydrated.




haha what's it look like?

Fire sauce.

My last and most delicious taco.

Enough for future eats!
So all's well that ends well.

I've been saving some money cooking and eating in this past month (August 2014). I learned a thing or two about cooking too. And I used to be terrible at cooking. It goes to show that anything can be learned for those who are willing to learn and practice. Then it can be transformed and personalized into your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment