9/07/2014

Popper: "Breakdancers are lame" Hah!

Yesterday, a beginner popper guy told me "breakdancers are lame" cuz I wouldn't break in public. He wanted me to dance and make a circle at the crowded (and sticky) Masquerade dancefloor like some sort of tool. No thanks! Maybe if I had only been dancing a few years, and was still in high school... but I had just come from the jam, I don't wanna break, I wanna chill. He was the lame one to me. I saw him bothering the girls too, even pushing one out of the way to try to make me dance... smh... He tried to get on the girls but failed. I don't think dancers like that are good for the community at large.

On the positive side, DJ Roonie G was spinning some cool stuff, he looked like a 90s Asian Raver turned DJ. He even sang and rocked the crowd. Good for him.

Anyway, they had a jam yesterday in New Orleans, an All-Styles/Popping tournament (group of us went to Masquerade/Harrah's after the jam). People from Houston, Mississippi, Alabama, Baton Rouge came through. I judged All-Styles and did a showcase. Here it is:

11+ years in the game and I still feel like I held back.
Wish we could done more rounds, I got new ish...

Overall, the vibes were good at the jam. Modest turnout. Great dance talent, it was cool to see a popping jam... not a lot of bboys came through, just a handful. I had fun though. Big ups to Baylor aka the TalkBox, for throwing the jam. Enjoy the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment